“How much does it cost to build a website?”
This is a question that we get asked often and the answer is “well, it depends.” When describing cost estimating for website design, we often refer to the “house building” paradigm.
Building a House
Before a contractor can estimate the cost to build a house, they need a plan. This plan comes in the form a blueprint and list of materials needed. There are many things that influence the building cost such as: ground preparation, the number of rooms, the materials chosen, electrical and plumbing requirements, permits and licenses, and even things as mundane as the type of roof selected. The more complex the design, the larger the square footage, and the more exotic the finishing materials, the more the house will cost to build. Such is the case with website design. How simple or complex do you want or need your website to be?
A website’s cost is directly driven by the complexity of the website and the time required to craft it. A four-page ‘information only’ website will cost significantly less that a fifty-page eCommerce website that integrates with a customer service management system or lead management system. The question then becomes, “what does my website need to do in order to satisfy my business objectives?”
Contact us to discuss your needs.
For businesses that need help defining their objectives, Internovations offers a business & requirements analysis. Our business analysts will help brainstorm, define, and document your needs. Our analysts engage in the following activities, as needed:
- Collect and document business goals and requirements in line with your business objectives.
- Work with other business analysts and product owners to develop user stories and use case scenarios.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure requirements are implemented correctly and that client’s expectations are met.
- Active engagement to suggest solutions to client needs and/or desires.
- Support the design and development of both custom and third-party solutions.
- Develop one or more solution alternatives.
- Review solutions with stakeholders.
- Prepare requirement and solutions document.
- Explain requirements to technical solutions providers.
- Assist in testing the final product to ensure it meets your needs.
- Travel to client’s site as required for successful implementation.
Use our contact form to write us a note so we can discuss your small business website design needs.